Company history of Heggli & Gubler AG – it all began in 1945

2018
Tool shop expanded with the addition of a new milling machine
Storage capacity expanded
IT modernised
New management system introduced and certification achieved in accordance with the new ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 standards

2017
New welding shop set up with the purchase of a new circular welding unit, including extraction system

2015
70-year company anniversary
Est Ticino CNC lathe renewed

2014
New roller shutter installed within production to partition off the cutting shop

2013
Stefan Heggli becomes Managing Director
Various extraction systems purchased for hot working processes

2012
New guillotine shear purchased to enable cutting with minimal scratching
Production hall roof renovated

2011
Newton Big CNC milling machine acquired and put into operation
Dust extraction system acquired and installed for the grinding shop
Spot welding machine purchased

2010
Certification to ISO 14001 achieved for the first time
Two Hänel LeanLift storage systems purchased for storing tools and gauges
New conventional lathe acquired and put into operation to enable flexible working and the training of apprentices

2009
New M&M 450 ATT metal spinning machine acquired and put into operation

2008
Mastum CNC lathe acquired and put into operation

2007
Logistics modernised:
Sheet metal storage facility purchased
Two mobile racks purchased
Storage area added for semi-finished and finished products

2006
Stefan Heggli joins the family-run business, the third generation of the family to do so

2005
M&M 750 Robot machine converted for hot working processes, incl. introduction of a new control

2004
Second CAD workstation added and quality management system successfully recertified in accordance with ISO 9001:2000
Approval for the remarking of spun metal parts from the Pressure Vessel Inspectorate renewed

2003
Additional M&M 350 metal spinning machine acquired and put into operation

2002
In-house tool shop expanded
CNC lathe with boring and milling unit put into operation, max. turning ø of 1600 mm
Maho CNC milling machine purchased, traversing distance 500 x 380 x 350 mm; SMG 3000 KN drawing press purchased

2001
Quality management certification to SN EN ISO 9001:2000 achieved plus integration of FCOS (Federal Coordination Commission for Occupational Safety) approval from the SVTI Pressure Vessel Inspectorate for the remarking of spun metal parts for pressure equipment

2000
Two new eccentric presses with capacities of 400 and 1000 KN put into operation

1999
New I.MA.L plate shear put into operation
First CAD workstation installed at our company along with order processing software

1998
Quality management certification to SN EN ISO 9002 achieved for the first time

1997
630 KN eccentric press put into operation

1996
M & M 650 Robot forming centre put into operation
Company moves into offices and factory storage facilities

1995
M & M 650 Robot forming centre developed

1994
Factory and office extension project planned

1993
Computer network set up

1992
M & M 350 Robot forming centre put into operation
Electronic PDA (production data acquisition) introduced

1991
Anton Heggli-Schuler purchases the shares owned by the family of Otto Gubler-Stutz

1990
M & M 750 Robot put into operation
First order processing software installed

1989
Robot-controlled spinning lathe developed in the form of the M & M 750 Robot

1988
HGM 2000 forming machine put into operation

1987
Company introduces Switzerland’s most powerful spinning lathe for the chipless forming of rotationally symmetrical hollow bodies using the metal spinning technique
Quality Assurance department established

1985
Anton Heggli-Schuler becomes Managing Director
Existing factory building is extended by adding a production hall due to the demands of the constantly increasing customer base

1975
A spacious storage facility for forming tools is introduced

1972
Anton Heggli-Schuler joins the company

1963
The company management decides to relocate the business to Muri in the canton of Aargau close to the Gotthard railway. Profilpress AG follows suit six months later

1955
Anton Heggli-Fischer constructs a factory complex in Rickenbach (canton of Aargau), which includes office and living space
This creates the conditions for more efficient and streamlined production
In the factory basement, Anton Heggli-Fischer paves the way for the establishment of what is now Profilpress AG

1950
Otto Gubler-Stutz joins the company as a partner and experienced metal spinner
The rapid development of the company means that it soon outgrows the premises in Obfelden

1945
Anton Heggli-Fischer establishes a metal spinning shop in Obfelden in the canton of Zurich
From humble beginnings it soon develops into a thriving business